Holy cow! A social media conference in my own backyard: Dallas!
Here’s the deal: To Dallasites, we love our city. We rag on the weather, the sixty-thousand-dollar-millionaires and trophy wives, but deep down we think we’re awesome.
Because we are.
And here’s why:
- Dallas is the home to the first two seasons of Halt & Catch Fire – also the tech boom of the 80s.
- You may see Erykah Badu… naked… walking down the street. Because that’s normal.
- Two airports and lots of flights in case you need to get out of town quickly.
- You’ve heard everything is bigger in Texas? What is a 200 sq. ft. rental in San Francisco, is a 4,000 sq. ft. mortgage in Dallas.
- One (compound) word: Tex-Mex.
So when something about tech happens in my hometown, I must be involved.
Social Media 4 Nonprofits hosted a conference today. About Social Media. For Nonprofits.
Let it sink in for a moment.
Even better – an old friend and mentor, Anita Foster from the American Red Cross – Dallas was there to speak about turning over the keys to volunteers.
Despite the fact that I felt like I was recovering from tuberculosis and sneaked out a little early (after people starting reaching for hand sanitizer around me), it was a good day.
Apparently, this is what I look like when I speak.
But here’s the full recap: